Thursday, September 18, 2008

My time has come.

To explain my last entry, about that movie, Kids, that I watched and hated so much, I'm going to try to organize all my angry thoughts about it as best I can so that anyone reading this can follow along.

For starters, the movie was not meant as a wake-up call. To me it's pretty obvious that the movie was written by a pedophile. Because the dialogue was so lighthearted about fucking prepubescent girls and staring at a nine year old serving watermelon and wanting to "suck her titties", it's fucking disgusting. I remember being 13, I remember being 15 and 16 and all of the ages of these kids, and I had some pretty fucked up friends. I had slutty friends and I had asshole friends, and it would be impossible for any of them to ever even have those thoughts. AND EVEN IF THEY DID, THEY WOULDN'T GO AROUND TALKING TO THE REST OF US ABOUT IT.

This movie was made to be as shocking as it could be while trying to maintain a story, which people keep mistaking for a purpose. There was no reason for this movie to be made, except for us to be able to say "Hey, life sucks for them", and for the people who made it to be recognized by a wide audience. And us, the viewers, gave them that power when we played their game. Everyone knows when somebody says "Man, that movie is fucked up," everyone else will want to see it. So go die, Mr. filmmaker man.

The only scene in the entire movie that I will give credit to is when the four young young young young boys are crowded in the seat smoking with each other, and the one says, "Yo, man that's awesome, you got Jesus round your neck? That's tight man. That's awesome, he's a cool guy." Or something like that. This could have, if the movie had been MEANT for a purpose, proved wrong everyone who would have responded to the film with "Those boys need Jesus in their lives."

To the rest of the movie, I hope nobody watches it ever again. Not even because you read this blog and think, "Man, I want to see what made this guy so mad." Do NOT fucking watch it.

1 comment:

Stephen Heneveld said...

If you think it can't get any worse than Kids, you should rent Gummo. It's about a small Ohio town after a tornado. I'm not gonna say it's more disturbing than Kids... but it is.

I've never watched a movie that made me feel more depressed or disgusted. The shock value is way up there. So if you decide to "play this game" don't say I didn't warn you.

Gummo has more of a film quality to it than Kids does with its pseudo-documentary feel. Of course, it's been close to a decade since I've seen either so I might be making half of this up.

"Shh, it's just me, Casper"