Monday, August 11, 2008

I haven't seen a plasma ball since I last played Mega Man 4.

But sure enough, Katie's got a lightning ball here in her basement. This is where I've been camping out for the last couple of days, slowly making it more like home. And yeah, that means I'm making a mess. Hell, I just broke a glass somehow. Courtneykaz said "you failed at blogging once per day", so I grabbed the laptop and pulled. I didn't realize the cords coming out of the side were right behind an empty glass that I had just set there. I think I'm losing my mind lately. And I may have glass dust in my eye.

The coolest thing about this lightning ball is that it has an "audio" setting. So every time The Mars Volta hit the bass drum, this thing lights up. It's pretty receptive.

I hate cleaning up glass. No matter how much you sweep and scour the ground, you'll always find a piece even farther out than before, and so you have to look in a bigger radius, and then there ends up being a whole other pile back at the first place you looked and somehow neglected to clean up. Glass sucks.

My phone keeps beeping. Again. All day, ever day, my phone is "searching...", because there's hardly any service for me here. And that kills the battery. By the time it finds service, it has sense enough to realize it's about to die. I'd say that if you can't get ahold of me, that's probably why, but the odds are aside from Courtney and maybe Kimmy, maybe Katie, no one's going to read this. Plus, I never talk to you three on the phone, so it doesn't really matter. Glass still sucks.

I've been dying to watch Chowder for days now. I feel like I'll have to find a way to stream the episodes off from the internet or something, because I can't get enough. I've always had a problem with shows that center around "dumb" characters, like Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Sealab 2021. I can't figure out why I like Chowder so much. My mother, who's been subjected to cartoons for probably 22 years or so, tells me she doesn't like Chowder.
"WHAT MOM? ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? SERIOUSLY? YOU DON'T LIKE CHOWDER. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE CHOWDER?"
"I can't get into it."
"CAN'T GET INTO IT? IT'S A CARTOON SHOW! IT'S HILARIOUS! MOM, LOOK AT ME. LOOK. 'Chowder, don't you think you should get a few more years under your belt?' 'There's no room!' HOW IS THAT NOT FUCKING HILARIOUS?"
"It's just not for me, Chris. Now, would you stop making a scene at the family reunion?"

I don't know what's wrong with my mom. I just found glass intertwined in my wrist hair. Glass really does suck. And I must be really hairy. Like Harry and the Hendersons hairy.

1 comment:

courtney. said...

Chowder is so weird.
but i've seen a few episodes. i chuckled.